Sweater Weather Squash Soup
Enjoy a nice warm-in season- squash soup as sweater weather approaches. This squash soup is quick and easy to whip up and is sure to get some delicious veges into your body!
Yield =~ 6 servings
Prep Time= 20min | Cook Time= 45 min| Total time= 65min
Here’s what you’ll need:
1 medium kobacha squash
3-4 medium sized potatoes
½ an onion
2 cups of broth
2 cups of water
1 tsp of oil
salt and pepper to tasting
Here’s what you do:
1. Preheat the oven to 400C.
2. Cut the squash in half and scoop out the seeds with a spoon. Place the halves face down in a baking pan. Pierce the skin with a fork. Add a ½ inch of water to the pan and cook for 45 minutes or until you can effortlessly pierce through the skin with a fork.
3. In a saucepan add oil and a ½ chopped onion. Cook on high heat until the onion browns. Add 2 cups of water and 2 cups of broth to the saucepan along with the diced potatoes. Allow to simmer on medium heat for 15 minutes.
4. Scoop the squash out of the skin into the blender. Add the broth mixture from the saucepan to the blender. Sprinkle salt and pepper to your liking.
5. Blend! Enjoy a hearty squash soup for the fall season!
Tip: add in some chicken to the soup to add protein Enjoy,
The TriForce Team