Sweet Potatoe Latkes
The warm weather is finally here and what no better way to kick off the month of June with some sweet potato latkes.
These delicious appetizers not only warm up the soul but also are very close to Coach Grant and Jenn's hearts: it was the first food we shared together. Not sure if it was the chemistry between us or the latkes that brought us together but we can’t say it didn’t help blossom our relationship (our stomachs are the ways to our hearts 😊).
This kind of soul cooking calls for great tunes. Check out Coach Grant's go-to June beat.
Yield: 8 latkes | Total Time: 40min
Here's what you'll need:
1 pound of sweet potatoes approximately 2 medium sized potatoes
1 cup of grated onion
1/3 cup tapioca flour
Paprika, cayenne pepper, black pepper (1/4 teaspoon of each, salt to taste)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 sheet of parchment paper
Here's what you do:
1. Preheat the oven to 415 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Grate Sweet Potatoes into a strainer. Compress potatoes, damp dry and place in mixing bowl.
3. Finely chop a cup of onion and place into a mixing bowl
4. Beat eggs and combine into mixing bowl
5. Stir thoroughly tapioca flour and seasons into separate bowl. After thoroughly mixing place into mixing bowl with rest of ingredients.
6. Cover a baking sheet with 1 sheet of parchment paper. Evenly spread olive oil across parchment paper
7. Scoop and place evenly ¼ cup of mixed ingredients onto baking sheet
8. Place baking sheet in oven and cook for 10 minutes. Remove latkes from oven and brush with olive oil prior flipping to the other side. Cook latkes for an additional 10 minutes or until a maroon brown
9. Remove from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes
10. Bon Appetit!