Summer lovin' usually means keeping busy- going to the beach, biking, hiking, sunbathing... No one has time to sit down and make breakfast!
That's one reason why we love muffins. They're just grab n' GO!
And we don't know about you, but banana chocolate chip muffins make us reminisce of younger days -- just with an upgraded, healthier muffin version!
Yield: 12 muffins | Prep Time: 5min | Cook time: 30-40min
Here's what you'll need:
- 2 cups of flour (we love to grind up oats to make oat flour in a food processor)
- 4-5 very ripe bananas (the blacker, the better!)
- 1 cup of applesauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- dash of cinnamon
- dash of nutmeg
- 1/4-1/2 cup [DF] chocolate chips - OPTIONAL, but highly recommended ;)
Here's what you do:
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Lightly grease the muffin tin (we love to use coconut oil for some added sweet flavour).
3. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, spices, and salt.
4. In a small bowl, mash the bananas and then mix the butter, vanilla, eggs and milk until well blended.
5. Mix both bowls together.
6. Pour evenly into greased muffin tin.
7. Bake for 30-40min, checking for a clean butter knife/ toothpick insertion to verify when done.
8. Let cool, then ENJOY.