Is it hot at the gym…?
Let’s not beat around the bush here, it is always hot at Triforce from all the hard work we put in. The hardest part about it is becoming instantly hungry afterwards but not wanting to cook anything at home due to that summer’s blazing heat wave, right?
Well, try this cooling tuna mango salad to solve both of your problems. Not only is this salad quite easy to make, it has all the good stuff that you want to help your body repair and build ---- plus it's easy one the eyes and makes for a great dish to serve to your fellow Triforcers at events (just multiply the ingredients by how many people you want to serve -- and remember Grant counts as two people hehe).
Yield: 1 hearty bowl | Prep time: 10 minutes
Here's what you need:
For the Salad
¼ Head of Broccoli
¼ Yellow Bell Pepper
¼ Red Bell Pepper
½ Small Purple Onion
½ Small Tomato
1 small can of Tuna
1 cup of spinach
For the Dressing
2-3 tsp of Olive oil
1 tsp of Dijon Mustard
1 tsp of Lemon juice
½ clove of garlic
Dash of pepper
Here's what you do:
1. In a small mixing bowl add the dressing ingredients (olive oil, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, garlic and pepper) and stir until fully mixed. Set to side.
2. Place the spinach at the bottom of the salad bowl.
3. Dice both bell peppers, tomato, onion and mango and add them to the salad bowl.
4. Slice the broccoli heads separately and add to the salad mix.
5. Cut the avocado into three separate slices and add to the salad.
6. Drain the can of tuna, then mash with a fork while still in the can prior to adding to the salad mix.
7. After all the ingredients are in the mixing bowl add dressing sparingly then enjoy!